As part of an Ohio Facilities Construction Commission Project, Buckeye Woods Elementary School was renovated during the Summer of 2014. These renovations included:
- Ceiling tile replacement.
- Remove and replace all above-the-ceiling cabling - phones & data - for wireless environment next year.
- Take out earthen mounds and waterproof the walls. Install new brick.
- New exterior doors and windows.
- New security system with electronic locks.
- Remove and replace all flooring to mimic the new elementary schools (rubber tile & carpet).
- New marker boards and short throw projectors in all classrooms.
- retrofit or replace interior doors.
- Kitchens - new steamer, freezer, cooler and kettle. New flooring - polished concrete.
- Sound systems in all classrooms.
- Paint all walls, including the gymnasium.
- Replace wall panels and acoustic tiles in the gymnasium.
- Redo asphalt.
- New storm lines.
- New technology.
Size of Building: 66,749 square feet